Monday, 9 December 2013

Total Guitar Inspiration

I read more guitar-orientated magazines that music magazines, so I thought it would be apt to let myself take inspiration from Total Guitar magazine from Future Publications. Because Total Guitar's content varies from that of magazines such as Q and Kerrang!, and is owned by a different institution, it will inevitably be set out differently. This is apparent in my front cover, as the layout is more similar to Total Guitar.


Where I have taken inspiration is obvious - I've set the headline to the left, and made the other stories more noticeable and set them to the right.
Total Guitar contains lots of information on music gear and instruments, so I have done the same; for example in my headline there is the mention of 'studio', which implies there will be talk of what instruments will be used. I also added an opportunity to win a bass guitar 'signed by' one of the people interviewed in the main article, something that Total Guitar also does often.


No comments:

Post a Comment