Friday, 10 January 2014

PLANNING - Eval. Q2

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

The main umbrella group my magazine is aimed at, is fans of the rock/alternative genre. Obviously there are many sub-genres within rock, so I have tried to encompass all of them within my magazine. I have done that my having my main stories about groups/band from different sub-genres of rock.
In terms of ages, I catered my magazine for a fairly young audience, the average age being 18. I made sure the language used in my magazine wasn’t too formal, hoping that my target audience would then relate to my magazine more.
Although my magazine’s reader base is largely male, I still wanted to include a question from a girl in my article, so my female audience could feel more involved.
The colours I used in my magazine represent a typical, almost stereotypical view of rock music; I used red and black as they are more often than not associated with rock in a musical context.
Although I included some big names in my magazine, I also made sure to have some real, upcoming bands. This way, my audience would always be introduced to new music, which would keep people interested in my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment