Friday, 10 January 2014

PLANNING - Eval. Q6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Pages
Pages is Word Processor designed specifically for the Apple iMac. I used this software to design and put together my double page spread, as it allowed me to have a lot more control over the text used on the page than Photoshop did.
It also helped when positioning various objects on the page. Despite having to first make sure the object didn’t cause ‘wrapping’ (the software automatically tries to fit everything else around the thing you have selected), Pages allows you to have many different layers of objects, with full control over everything you have on the page.
Pages is also able to use fonts that you have downloaded externally, which helped a lot for me when making my double page spread.

Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is a photo manipulation programme made by Adobe. Where Pages gives you control over the text, Photoshop is able to edit photos in a lot more depth and detail. I used this to create my front page and contents page, because of it’s ability to handle lots of high-resolution images and text in multiple layers. I also used it when editing the various photos I used throughout my magazine.
Although I have experience with Photoshop before in Photography GCSE, I learnt more about positioning and layout in magazines, and how to transfer that knowledge into practice on the software.

DaFont
The majority of the different fonts I used were downloaded from DaFont. This website enabled me to find the (if not, very close to) perfect font I needed for each individual purpose. Also, the website has a preview option, so you can type in the text you’re planning on using, and then all the fonts are shown with the word/phrase you used. This helped me so I didn’t have to download a font, only to discover it wasn’t what I wanted

Other Websites
In order to present various completed tasks, I used a handful of other presentation websites, such as Prezi and Popplet. These are really useful because you down have to download anything or pay for a good quality finished product. They also gave me ideas on how to present other pieces of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment